Pin It

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Commute More

The days are shorter and the temperatures are lower. This combination forces me to adopt a more strategic approach to ride planning. I am finding myself doing a bit more commuting and less "joy riding." So far this has brought unexpected pleasures. Riding into a fantastic sunset the other night I found myself stopping every few minutes to take another picture.


I have also found pleasure in being able to ride right up to my destination, dismount, and park. I feel invigorated instead of tired when I arrive.

Last weekend there was a 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in San Diego. Some good friends were walking and I feel personally connected to the event. I supported my friends by meeting up each day and bringing them treats, essentials, and good cheer. We stopped, had a drink, and told stories. I rode part of the route and connected with the walkers. The freedom of the bike impacted my experience positively.

I am exploring a "car-free mentality" which to me, means I don't automatically think: drive, when going somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment