Pin It

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Everyday Riding

Sometimes, when I am not preparing for a an upcoming tour or specific organized ride, I loose some of my enthusiasm for riding. It becomes a little harder to find the time for the miles and easier to rationalize skipping a ride. It's not that I don't enjoy riding, but I lose my focus.

I try and combat this by allowing my weekly milage to dip occasionally, but not the frequency. I take shorter rides, but keep up the routine. I also find signing up for organized rides and setting goals helps.

I know from past experience that I am about to hit a hard stretch. When the time changes in a couple of weeks it is going to be even harder for me to fit rides in before dark. I will not be able to push the start back because it will start getting dark too soon. I am hoping to firm up my resolve and make enough commitments so that I will be forced to get started riding early, often, and far.

Ride On!

No comments:

Post a Comment