Pin It

Sunday, May 22, 2011

San Diego Century

This is an annual fund-raising event for the San Diego Bicycle Coalition. It starts/stops in Encinitas, CA. There are 3 routes and I rode the shortest one - 37 miles. It is a well organized event and the weather was perfect, cool and over cast.

I like to support organized rides because it is a way to contribute to the fund raising efforts of important causes. Often the route is one I can and do ride for free on my own. But I don't see my entrance fee as paying for the route, the SAG or the band - I see it as motivation for myself (possibly stretch the miles I would do on my own) and supporting the community.

I don't ride this area very often but it is actually a very nice route. I'm always glad to have a reason to place my wheels on new turf. TFTR (Thanks for the Ride)!

No comments:

Post a Comment