Pin It

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Paradox of Perception

Today has finally arrived. Getting here has been slow in terms of anticipation, but very fast in terms of preparation. That paradox of perception makes me feel human: bad things come too quickly, good things too slowly. In this case I'm talking about vacation, my first bike tour, and getting everything ready. I'm as ready as I'm going to be, and happy with my preparations. The actual bike tour portion does not start today (I have to get to the start, which is pretty far away). On the way there I will be an American Tourist, hitting some National Parks, and whatever else seems interesting. I will be going to many places for the first time. If anyone out there has a suggestion for a hike, or ride, a restaurant, great view, etc., I'd love to hear about it. The first stop will be St. George, UT. I hope to be there by late afternoon today. From there I'll be continuing north through Idaho, and turning West to enter Yellowstone from the west entrance. I'll be in and around Yellowstone for several days, then head south to Silverthrorne, CO where the bike tour begins!

I plan to improve the frequency of my posts and hope I will have the internet access necessary to make that happen. One of the things I did to prepare for this trip was to take an introductory digital photography class. I hope to have some good photos to share with you by the end of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment