Pin It

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

After the Tour

I have officially done a bike tour! It was everything I hoped. I loved the riding. I loved the people. I loved the chance to see some new terrain from the saddle of my bike, not from a car. The experience has only deepened my desire to do more bike touring.

I loved riding in Colorado because the infrastructure there takes the rider off the road and offers fantastic rides on well groomed and maintained bike paths. These are not 6 mile paths that peter out just when you hit your stride. There are miles of paths.


I saw many families on the bike paths, kids pulled in trailers, on their own bikes, old and young, it was all out there. We all have a place on a bike.

It was a coincidence that the USA Pro Cycling Challenge occurred right after the tour. I got caught up in the bikeyness and wound up returning to Steamboat Springs for the Bike Town USA" stage 4 & 5 finish and start. It was great fun, I will be more inclined next time the opportunity presents itself to attend a bike race. I wound up taking a tour of the Moots factory and learned even more about what a cool company it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment