Pin It

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Great Day for a Fun Ride

I find that there are several different types of bike rides for me. Sometimes I ride to exercise, to get where I need to go, as a primary activity of a vacation, or even just as a way to relax and enjoy being outside. I approach each type of ride a little differently, and some I do more frequently than others depending on the other things going on in my life at the time.

This past weekend I took a "fun ride." This means I went with a friend and we planned a route that was beautiful (heavy on the water views), easy (allowing for conversation), involved stopping for lunch, and contained a little novelty (included a ferry ride). It was sunny and a bit on the breezy side of perfect. We managed to stay on the route, have a fine lunch, and catch the ferry just in time. It was more of a day having fun with a friend than an exercise outing, or simply a means of transportation. A truely LikeyBikey type of day.

Here is a link to the route we took. And here is a short video of our day:

What are some of the ways you likeybikey?

No comments:

Post a Comment