Pin It

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Wake Up Post

I have been struggling with relevance this year. What is worth writing about? What is worth reading about? Maybe it is a reflection of the mild depression I've been hit with this winter. Maybe I've just been lazy. Perhaps I'm just having a confidence crisis (is the effort really worth making for a couple of readers?). I have had a few good ideas that never got beyond the moment and dissipated before I got near a computer screen. But for some unknown reason, this morning I came across something that inspired me to post. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Today's post will hopefully introduce (to some anyway) some interesting ideas and web-destinations. I'll start with the bicycle film festival. If you happen to be in a host city at the right time please visit and let us know how the experience affected you. Next is Kickstarter.com. Kickstarter is, in their own words, "the world's largest funding platform for creative projects." I really like this idea. People with creative ideas for new projects pitch their ideas directly to would-be investors.

To see an example of what I am attempting to describe, visit this site for a filmmaker's pitch to you, the bicyclist: The Commentator. Come back here and let us know your thoughts on the proposed film, the kickstarter concept, or anything else on the concept of combining the creative process, funding, and the potential consumer of the final product.

Ride On!

No comments:

Post a Comment