Pin It

Friday, September 9, 2011

Keep the Momentum Going

Have you ever been in a groove with an exercise routine and unintentionally let a vacation dampen it when you return home? This has happened to me time and time again. Somehow returning home does not mean returning to the same routine, even if the vacation was built around exercise (like a walking our biking tour).

I had a fantastic vacation, and it included a bike tour. I really don't want to loose my riding momentum right now. My work is quite busy and stressful right now, and it makes me want to keep my riding routine even more. I've been home for almost 2 weeks now and I've seen my milage dip below my target.

In an effort to boost my momentum, have some fun, and continue my quest to tour more, I will be taking my own version of the S24O. You can read about the beginnings of the S240, and the true definition, on the adventure cycling site here.

My version is slightly different. I will be taking a train, staying in a motel, and eating in restaurants. I guess that makes it a lot different. My version was built from their model and the idea is to get away from home, have fun, and of course, ride. It is also a baby step toward a bigger goal of taking a longer trip built on this same platform.

I hope to have some good pictures and possibly a little video at the end. I expect to gain bike travel experience and knowledge. I'll let you know if my hopes and expectations are met.

No comments:

Post a Comment